Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB) Voucher is a voucher offered to people who are injured on the job, and their employer fails to provide any other suitable job for them. It aims to help people restart their career and find a job they are suitable for.

How Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB) Voucher Works?

If you are eligible for a Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB) Voucher, you will be able to get the voucher on form 10133.32. In case you are found eligible, a claims administrator must complete information available on the first page. The second page should contain details of whether you are using the assistance of a vocational return to work counselor, a training provider, or a training school or college that will help you to further your career. On the third page, you can request an advance or reimbursement regarding miscellaneous expenses for up to $500. The fourth page is for seeking reimbursement for books, tools, tuition, computer equipment, or any such things you might have used to enhance your skills. Make sure that you add any receipts and documentation of such expenses before submitting this page to the claims administrator.

When Will I Get the Money If I Apply for Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB) Voucher?

Once you have applied for Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB) Voucher and it is considered as genuine, the payment would usually be made within 45 calendar days from the date the claims administrator had got the voucher.

Can I Disagree with a Claims Administrator Regarding a Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB) Voucher?

If there is a situation in which you disagree with the claims administrator, you should consider filing a Dispute Resolution form with the DWC. Make sure you give all the details of why you disagree with a claims administrator and add supporting documents regarding one or more issues. Send the “Request for Dispute Resolution” form to the DWC – The Division of Workers’ Compensation which is responsible for monitoring the administration of workers’ compensation claims, as well as providing administrative and judicial services.